Emigrant Pass Observatory
Lab Equipment for Measuring Thermophysical Properties
- dual stack divided bar aparatus with automated data logger
- TK04 line source with automated data logger
- numerous portable high precision (mK) borehole thermister temperature
- Secondary temperature standard probe, for calibration of
temperature logging equipment
- portable automated and nearly continuous digital data logger for thermister
- Scintrex CG-3M high-precision gravimeter
- Two LaCoste & Romberg G-series meters (through Geology &
- High-precision Trimble GPS survey equipment (through Geology & Geophysics)
- Emmigrant Pass Observatory, continously running weather station located
over a borehole
- 8 lb sledge hammer, aka "The Persuader"
- assorted coolers for cold beverages
Thermal Geophysics Group /
Geology & Geophysics /
University of Utah
Problems? Contact the Thermal Web Admin.
Last updated July 16, 2013.